Friday, May 1, 2009

A Writers Memo

This blog was an interesting experience.   I have never done anything like this before, so it was tricky getting it all pulled together.  It is meant to be read from the bottom posts to the top.  I could not figure out how to change that, seeing as I’m not that tech savvy I figured that would be ok.  The development of this blog was actually a lot of fun.  I liked formatting it and I think it was a lot more fun to put together than an actual paper.  Reading Brave New World, I had a hard time getting into the book, but I was very interested in the fact that they all took this drug soma.  I decided to make this the focus of my paper.  From there, I began comparing soma to drugs in our society that have similar effects.  When I started doing this I came to the conclusion that all of these drugs are negative in our society, so it fascinated me how they were government force in Huxley’s fictional society.  This actually scared me, when thinking about where the future could take us.  I hope to provide the reader with a subject that they find interesting, because I was very interested when doing the research and writing the paper.  My final blog has a word count of 1928 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment